Ecologist School – Houston is a fun and engaging learning environment for children and families. Students learn about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math, Outdoor Skills, Volunteerism and Leadership through engaging lessons, primarily nature related.
The Ecologist School – Houston offers programs for all ages. In addition to the K-5th part time and full-time outdoor learning community, The Ecologist School – Houston also offers an after-school program and a variety of special events, camps, and workshops. The themed parents’ night outs and school break camps are especially popular. Workshops are available and may be tailored for scouts, youth, family groups, service projects and any other organization. And don’t forget about birthday parties!
A typical week of an Ecologist School Day Program student will include a variety of activities. The week may start with a trip to the library, followed by a field trip to a local park to read their chosen books. Items collected on a nature walk may be cataloged using an online nature program. Volunteering may take place at a facility such as the Environmental Institute of Houston, and the week may end with a field trip to the Wolf Sanctuary.
Jennifer Fetter-Matthys is the driving force behind The Ecologist School – Houston. A life-long nature lover, Jennifer’s hobbies and interests include birding, hiking, and nature photography. With her bachelor’s degree in psychology, multiple years teaching K-5, and experiences working with exceptionalities, Jennifer is very passionate about getting children and families out in nature and connecting them to something they love outside.
Upcoming Events being offered by The Ecologist School Houston include:
- Mondays in March Ecologist School from 4-5:30 at Exploration Green phase 1 $60 for the month of March plus $10 supply fee. (drop-in rate available)
- Thursdays in March Ecologist School from 4-5:30 at Clear Creek Nature Center $75 the month of March, plus $10 supply fee (drop-in rate available)
- March 14-16 Spring Break camp 9-3 $50 a day (14- Pi Day stem activities; 15- behind the scenes raptor tour at the Audubon Raptor center; 16- hiking at Frankie Carter Randolph Park)
- March 17- St. Patrick’s Day STEM activities
- March 24 - Playdate at Bay Area Park
- May 27, Summer Kick Off Event 9:00-3:00 $50 (Come enjoy a day of fun STEM activities and an outing to kick off the first day of summer break!)
To join the mailing list, register or learn more about these programs, please email Jen Fetter-Matthys at email@example.com .